Welcome to My Official Web Page!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
The Silver Lining
2010 is almost upon us. 2009 was a rather placid year for me, but I have a hunch that 2010 is going to be a roller coaster ride. I typically shy from drama, but I think I can handle a bipolar year.
When times get tough it's nice to find a little silver lining, something to rely on as a pick-me-up. When I'm stressed I tend to do one of the following:
1. Yoga. Yay for Pigeon Pose! And Plow!
2. Run. This especially helps when I'm mad.
3. Read. There's nothing like living in an alternate world for a few hours to bring me to my happy place.
4. Read blogs. This is especially effective at work. Shhh! Don't tell!
Shannon recently awarded me The Silver Lining Award and I'd like to pass it along to a few blogs that always make me smile. This is a no pressure award- pass along if you choose, acknowledge, or do nothing. There's more awards to come in the future!
1. Terresa at The Chocolate Chip Waffle is like a ray of sunshine in the blogosphere. She can seriously work some magic with words.
2. Matt at Free the Princess does some awesome steampunkery and has also allowed me to be an evil dictator. That makes me oh so happy!
3. K.M. Kriddle at C'MERE is downright hilarious. Her posts are in picture form and they make me snort various liquids up my nose.
4. Bane of Anubis is a no-holds-barred kind of guy. I love his brutal honesty.
5. Jade at Jade Hears Voices is an Aussie with spunk. And she digs archaeology! (Oh, yes, that pun was on purpose!)
Happy New Year to everyone! I hope 2010 brings all you whatever your heart desires!